We have modified our Group format for 2020 to provide Covid-19 precautions. Please read details below; we appreciate your co-operation and understanding.
Elementary School or Daycare Groups
From September 16th to October 9th, you can book a weekday morning or afternoon to visit us with your group for an apple picking outing in our orchard. We'll greet your group at the entrance to our orchard and teach you how to properly pick an apple (yes, there is a right way!) Group organizers are responsible to supervise and facilitate the apple picking and group activities. All outdoor activities involve some degree of risk. Please remember that your safety and that of participants including accompanying children is YOUR responsibility!
- Minimum charge of $120 per group booking is based on 15 participants total; maximum group size recommendation is 50.
- Price: $8.00 each, including all staff and parent volunteers. Please ensure sufficient adult supervision - recommendation is no more than 5 children per adult.
- Duration: 60 minutes.
- Each child is provided a small drawstring bag to hold their apples. The bags are reusable, washable mesh bags that hold 10-12 apples. The children get to keep and re-use their environmentally-friendly packaging!
- Staff and Parent Volunteers will receive a 5-lb plastic drawstring picking bag that holds about 20 apples.
- The picnic area is closed this year and no other food or snacks are to be consumed on our premises (aside from water bottles for hydration).
- It is recommended that the bus stays during the outing, especially if the potential for rain exists. Ensure children are dressed for the weather (sturdy footwear, hats, jackets, sunscreen, etc). Bring along drinking water. Water from our portable hand-washing station is not potable. Bottled water may be purchased at our Farm Store.
Book Your Group:
- Click the down arrow to select Morning or Afternoon group visit to the orchard
- Click < > arrows above the calendar to display the month you are wishing to come
- Click on green numbger for the date you are wishing to book (the number indicates how many timeslots are available for the given date)
- Select the timeslot you wish to book from the drop-down list
- Complete the booking form. For Description, be sure to indicate the name of your school or organization, the grade levels or ages of the children, and the estimated number of participants including children, teachers and parent assistants.
- Click 'Book' - you will receive an email confirming the information you entered
- If any issues or concerns, feel free to call us at 613-546-1690 for assistance!