Elementary School or Daycare Groups
From September 9th to October 4th, you can book a weekday morning or afternoon to visit us with your group for an apple picking outing in our orchard. The group will be escorted to their designated picking area in the orchard and given apple picking information and instructions. Group organizers are responsible to supervise and facilitate the apple picking and group activities. All outdoor activities involve some degree of risk. Please remember that your safety and that of participants including accompanying children is YOUR responsibility!
- Minimum charge per group booking is based on 20 participants.
- Price: $8.00 per student; no charge for school staff.
- Duration: 60 minutes.
- Each child is provided a small drawstring bag to hold their apples. NEW for 2019: We are introducing reusable, washable mesh bags that hold 10-12 apples. These bag holds twice as many apples as the little plastic drawstring bags previously used for our school groups visits and foster environmentally-friendly packaging.
- All other apples picked by staff will be paid for at our regular Pick-Your-Own rate. You may bring your own reusable shopping bags or purchase a reusable picking bag from us.
- If the children have brought along a snack, it may be enjoyed in our picnic area.
- NOTE: It is recommended that the bus stays during the outing, especially if the potential for rain exists. Ensure children are dressed for the weather (sturdy footwear, hats, jackets, sunscreen, etc). Bring along drinking water. Water from our portable hand-washing station is not potable. Bottled water may be purchased at our Farm Store.